Sometimes after a long day, when everyone makes it to the table for a meal, we’re all pretty exhausted. That means conversation can take a hit. Being Italian, conversations in my family have come pretty easily, but it’s not that way for everyone.
So what happens when everyone in your house is exhausted and doesn’t have a lot to say?
Do you find yourself eating in front of the TV so you don’t have to make conversation?
As tempting as that may sound (and we all have been there after a long week!), I’d like to encourage you to stay together at the table, and start chatting it up with each other. Talking about even just one creative topic could lead to some truly energizing and inspiring conversation! And sharing a meal at the end of everyone’s hectic day is a fine way to stay connected.
Looking for some conversation topics to get things moving? Here’s 10 topics to help you get gabbing when things go stale at the table. (And I’m not talking about the food!)
- What was your favorite 60 seconds of today?
- What did you overhear someone saying that caught your attention?
- What vegetable do you most resemble?
- Describe the meal you are eating now–in only five words.
- If you had to choose one meal to eat for the rest of your life, three times a day, what meal would you choose?
- If a movie was made about your life, which actor would you choose to portray you?
- Would you prefer 30 consecutive days of complete solitude, or 30 days with 20 people at your side?
- If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?
- If you could be any age again for one week, which age would you choose?
- What person from history would you want to invite to a meal?
Sometimes all it takes is a fun question to encourage everyone to reconnect after a long day.
If you’d like to learn more about the importance of sharing meals to keep us connected, visit my website for lots of more articles and helpful info!